Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Goat cheese & carmelized onion pizza

On Sunday afternoon my mom, my sister, & I made an amazing pizza! I got the crust started in my bread maker before Chris & I left for church. The rest was was super easy! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the pizza, but I do have a cute picture of us in the kitchen!

2 pound Pizza dough:


All ingredients at room temperature
(70°–80° F)
3/4 tsp. salt
2 cups bread flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. active dry yeast
1-1/4–1-3/8 cups water
3 Tbsp. olive oil

After rolling out my dough I spread olive oil evenly over the crust. We crumbled goat cheese generously over the olive oil. Then sprinkle caramelized onions over the goat cheese. At the last minute we decided to add some fresh mushrooms that had been sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic and some sliced tomatoes straight from my mom's garden. Us girls wanted a nice vegetarian pizza, but the boys like their meat, so we added some nice thick organic salami to their half. We baked our healthy and delicious pizza on 400 for about 18 minutes. Note: I wanted the crust to be thin and crispy, so I rolled out my dough as thin as possible and baked longer than normal.


The pizza chefs!

Put ingredients in your bread maker according to bread maker's instructions. (mine say: liquid first, then solids, then yeast). Then select dough setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment