Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crockpot Monday: Chicken Tacos

Tomorrow night we have lifegroup with some of our good friends. We are learning how important it is to live in community... to sharpen eachother and to become better disciples of Jesus Christ. I will be making shredded chicken taco meat in the crockpot for the twelve of us. I like to use frozen meat, so I can cook the meat on low for 8 hours while I'm at work and it won't dry out. This recipe is for 12 people. Although, normally I use one chicken breat for Chris and I and it is plenty.

6 frozen chicken breasts
3 cans of ro-tel
2 small yellow onions chopped
taco seasoning:


  • 1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder




  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder




  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder




  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes




  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano




  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika




  • 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin




  • 1-1/4 teaspoons sea salt




  • 1-1/4 teaspoons black pepper




  • Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Shred chicken with a fork. I will probably shred halfway through cook time. Serve with tortillas and favorite condiments :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment