Thursday, January 19, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Fra taaaa taa!
This delicious egg dish is almost as fun to make as it is to say! Seriously... I was singing, "Fraaa taaaaaa taa!" the whole time I was making it. Chris must have thought I was going nuts! After about ten minutes into my chorus he finally asked me... what is a Fraaa taaaa taa?! I said, "you will find out here in a minute, and you're world will be forever changed!" It's so easy, fast, and delicious! I don't know how I didn't discover this omlette like dish sooner! I browsed about ten different frittata recipes, and then developed one that Chris & I's taste buds would love most!
- about a half of cup of sliced mushrooms (add more or less depending on your love for mushrooms)
- three handfuls of fresh spinach (my hands are small, but I grabbed huge handfuls becuase I love spinach)
- six large eggs
- a few drops of milk (to whisk with eggs)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- 2-3 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- dash of salt & pepper
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium to medium high heat, add mushrooms and sautee for 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile whisk eggs, milk, salt & pepper, mozzarella cheese, and the red pepper flakes (if you are using them) in a medium bowl until the eggs peak and small air bubbles form
- Add the spinach to your pan, and stir around so that the spinach is coated in butter and slightly wilted
- Pour your egg mixture over the veggies in the pan
- Gently push the edges of the eggs inward with a rubber spatula for 5-10 minutes or until your eggs appear to have set
- Turn oven to broil, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the Fra taaa taa
- Place your pan in the oven... now this is going to be quick... you just want the cheese to melt and turn golden brown... turn on that oven light and watch your frittata so that beautful creation doesn't burn!
- Prepare for your world to be forever changed!
Monday, January 16, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Today I am being very intentional about building Chris up; especially in front of other people. Words of affirmation are one of his love languages. I am trying to compliment him, and be careful not to say anything negative. Today I actually asked him... "how can I bless you today." I told him how I was thinking that I really wanted to build him up with my words, and he responded beautifully. He asked me how he could bless me in return. I wasn't expecting that response from him, but it was definatly an added bonus... looks like I'll be getting a back massage tonight! :)
"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."- Proverbs 31:26
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Happy Thursday! Two nights ago we had my mother-in-law over for dinner. It was our first time having her over for dinner since we moved into our new house. It was about a 10 minutes drive for her; instead of a two hour drive to Fresno, so it was very nice. I know that she is very conscious of what her son eats; she wants her boy to be healthy since she loves him so much! So I was under a little pressure here... I wanted to hit it out of the park! I decided on this Lemon Caper Chicken recipe that my sweet friend, Mandy shared with me a few months ago. Apparently it was a hit, because I got a sweet voicemail from my mother-in-law last night saying how much she enjoyed the dinner and how she isn't worried about her son at all! ;) I hope your family enjoys it as much as we did! Bon Appetit!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
It's been a while since I have been on here! Chris and I have moved into our new home in Manteca and are loving it! I have lots of yummy creations that I want to share with you, friends! I will post later this week with a treat!
For now I want to ask a favor... the all inclusive resort in Rivera Maya that Chris and I went to for our honeymoon is having a contest! If you have the Instagram app on your smartphone... follow this link http://instagr.am/p/f7_bf/ to "like" our photo. If my photo gets the most "likes" Chris & I will win a 5 day vacation!