Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spinach & Feta Hummus


 

Chris and I had a picnic last weekend, and I wanted to make us a special lunch, so I decieded to combine two of my favorite things with hummus. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Be warned... you might just end up eating this whole bowl of hummus in one sitting like we did!

Ingredients:

16 oz. can garbanzo beans
1/4 cup water
3-5 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 T. seasame seed
2 cloves of garlic 
1/2 t. kosher salt
2 T. olive oil
3 T. feta cheese
16 oz. fresh spinach

Proccess:

Drain and rinse beans.
Blend first 7 ingredients in food processor. 
My theory is the more garlic the better, so I usually end up adding an extra clove (or two or three; depending on how crazy I'm feelin!) 
Add the main characters to this beautiful story, spinach & feta! (This is going to depend on your personal preferance... add more or less depending on what you like).

Grab some tortilla or pita chips and ENJOY!!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment