Saturday, May 19, 2012

Christopher's Crepes with Blackberry Sauce


I am spoiled. This morning Chris asked me what I wanted for breakfast, and I said crepes! He was hoping I would want simple scrambled eggs, but since he is amazing he went to work! ( I convinced him it was just like making an omlette). Here's the recipe I gave him...

Christopher's Crepes

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 t. salt
2 tablespoons butter melted

Process:

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Slowly add in the milk and water, stir to combine. Add the salt and butter, and beat until smooth.
Heat a lighty buttered omlette pan over med. high heat.
Pour the batter over the pan... tilt in a circular motion until the batter has evenly coated the pan.
Cook each crepe for about 2 minutes until the bottom is light brown. flip like a pancake and cook the other side. Serve hot.

I filled mine with Greek yogurt and topped with a blackberry sauce. Chris filled his with Nutella and banannas.





Blackberry Sauce

Ingredients:

8 oz. frozen blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. orange juice (lemon juice works too)
2 t. cornstarch

Process:

Place a small saucepan over medium high heat.
Add blackberries and sugar...simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
Add orange juice and cornstarch... simmer on low for about 2 minutes until you have a smooth consistancy.
Serve hot!





 
"Hey, where's my crepe?!"- Pookie (in his French accent.)


No comments:

Post a Comment