Fra taaaa taa!
This delicious egg dish is almost as fun to make as it is to say! Seriously... I was singing, "Fraaa taaaaaa taa!" the whole time I was making it. Chris must have thought I was going nuts! After about ten minutes into my chorus he finally asked me... what is a Fraaa taaaa taa?! I said, "you will find out here in a minute, and you're world will be forever changed!" It's so easy, fast, and delicious! I don't know how I didn't discover this omlette like dish sooner! I browsed about ten different frittata recipes, and then developed one that Chris & I's taste buds would love most!
- about a half of cup of sliced mushrooms (add more or less depending on your love for mushrooms)
- three handfuls of fresh spinach (my hands are small, but I grabbed huge handfuls becuase I love spinach)
- six large eggs
- a few drops of milk (to whisk with eggs)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- 2-3 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- dash of salt & pepper
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium to medium high heat, add mushrooms and sautee for 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile whisk eggs, milk, salt & pepper, mozzarella cheese, and the red pepper flakes (if you are using them) in a medium bowl until the eggs peak and small air bubbles form
- Add the spinach to your pan, and stir around so that the spinach is coated in butter and slightly wilted
- Pour your egg mixture over the veggies in the pan
- Gently push the edges of the eggs inward with a rubber spatula for 5-10 minutes or until your eggs appear to have set
- Turn oven to broil, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the Fra taaa taa
- Place your pan in the oven... now this is going to be quick... you just want the cheese to melt and turn golden brown... turn on that oven light and watch your frittata so that beautful creation doesn't burn!
- Prepare for your world to be forever changed!